Our Code of Conduct policies are tailored to protect the ideals, and to uphold the Good reputation of this Guild. The behavior of every one of its members is directly reflected upon the Honor of this Guild. As such the penalties for abuse of these policies will be direct and severe. These may include counseling, warnings, demotion in rank or expulsion from the guild.
All decisions on failure to uphold the Code of Conduct will be dealt with by the SOLA Council of Saints and the Guild Master of the appropriate chapter of SOLA. Appeals may be made to the GM and will be considered before the Council at their next meeting. Disciplinary Action will remain in effect until that time.
1. We ask that all members refrain from profanity or vulgar language in any venue this includes Mumble, Guild Chat and the Forums.
2. We ask that the topic of conversation in open guild channels i.e. Mumble Guild Chat and the Forums be kept PG.
3. We ask that no member participate in the abuse of other players or members in game on forums or in voice chat. This includes the use of derogatory or racist terms. Behavior like this reflects badly on the entire guild.
4. Any member of SOLA found to be party to Hacking, Cheating, Exploiting or other wise abusing a game to the detriment of other players will be dismissed from the guild.
5. We ask that no member of SOLA be a party to harassment of other players in any form in or out of game. This includes spamming or the sending of unwanted messages.
6. We ask that no member be party to griefing or actively seeking to degrade an-others enjoyment of the game. Things like spawn camping, Kill stealing and training are Frowned upon.
7. Begging for gold or items outside of /g is strictly prohibited. SOLA is looking for self-sufficient players, and begging is beneath our dignity. In /g, it is fine to ask if anyone has any extra gear they might be willing to part with. You should not ask other players for gold unless you are truly in dire straits.
General Policies: You are encouraged to speak in a respectful and polite manner within the limits of reason and good game play.Language is an imperfect art and people can be easily offended. Be willing to apologize after a misunderstanding. SOLA currently has young men and women as members who are under 18. Many others have young children of ages that can read easily, and who frequently come in to watch them play. Further, although SOLA was founded and is currently lead by Christians, it is an international group of people of all ages, sexes, religions, races, and backgrounds. As such, please conduct yourselves in a manner that is appropriate to this diverse group. You are asked to closely monitor your use of crude or offensive humor and profane or vulgar language. Harassment or slurs of any type will not be tolerated.
SOLA Mumble Rules
Members are subject to all Code of Conduct rules while on Mumble. NO ONE is permitted to curse or use foul language or harass other members, spam, troll, or any other such conduct. If someone is breaking the Code of Conduct rules, send a message to one of the Officers in guild.
Please keep the conversations in the general chat channels PG. We have youths who are in mumble and we don't want to make people uncomfortable with our conversations. If you do want to talk about something that isn't PG then please take the conversation to a different channel. Mumble is a great tool for our guild and we do not want anyone to not use this tool because of the types of conversation they hear when in the general channel.
When entering a channel other then the main channel or a SOLA chapter channel ask if you are interrupting or if it is alright if you stay people might be having a private conversation or running a dungeon and need to be able to communicate without having to talk over some one.
If you are in a mumble channel with a lot of people make sure that you are not trying to talk in the middle of a conversation. Especially if someone is asking a question if the question is not directed at you wait until the question is answered before talking. On the flip side if you have are going to talk to one or two people at length please take the conversation into a separate channel so that you are not dominating the channel.
We also ask that you all use the Push-to-talk feature and not the "voice activated" feature unless you have a headset. No one likes hearing themselves reverberate through your speakers back into your mic.
Mumble is like sitting in a big circle of friends talking you have to wait you turn to talk you stay with the group conversation and if you want to talk to just one person you step off to the side to have that conversation so you are not making it hard for those near your to remain a part of the group conversation.
Please be kind and respectful to each other and follow the rules.